SECOPTENA - we support License Managers
- to establish a corporate license management for network licenses
(Concurrent Use / Floating Licenses)
Most business processes of enterprises heavily rely on commercial standard software. The implementation of these business processes with information technology (IT), is primarily focussed on the competitive advantage for the core business. The manner and the scope of the utilization of this software is governed by license contracts or End User License Agreements (EULA) between the manufacturer of the software (licensor) and the enterprise (licensee).
In particular in engineering environments the software cost per workstation is quite high. As a result a license model is typpically applied for these kinds of applications where several users or workstations share a software license, a so called network / concurrent use / floating license.
The process of selecting and purchasing such software applications is focussed mainly on the benefit for the business.
At the same time such an IT solution has to be permanently available and implemented cost-effectively and the usage has to be compliant to general and internal policies.
As a consequence this causes competition in three major topic areas:
The cost factors as well as the potential risks of compliance issues and interuptions of the production process justify the implementation of the responsible corporate role of a License Manager to care about these topics.
Tasks of the License Manager
- Implementation of a corporate License Management System
- Generation of License Balance Sheets and Compliance Reports
- Active involvement in the procurement process
- Cooperation with the purchsing department and the functional divisions
- Improvement of data quality
- Implementation of standard tools for inventory and license management
- Preparation and execution of software audits
- Generation of GAP analysis
- Controlling and reporting of license inventory
- Optimization of the entire Software Lifecycle Process
- Improvement of processes for requirements, budget planning and procurement of licenses
SECOPTENA supports License Managers to sucessfully master this broad rangs of tasks:
We support you in analyzing your processes regarding the utilization and the management of software licenses and point out ways for optimization.
In addition to our own portfolio of know-how we are always open to call in other experts. Based on decades of experience in IT industry we use the SECOPTENA network to integrate customers and know-how carriers in our approach to create valuable solutions.
We are happy to carry on. With a portfolio of tools and services we support enterprises in optimizing and securing their business processes.